Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Detox Time!

It's getting to be that time of year, I hate to break it to you.  It's getting darker a little earlier, and we're pulling the duvet out of the closet because it's feeling cooler at night.  We know the leaves will start changing soon, and a new season is upon us.

This is the time of year when some of us start to nestle in at home more often and think about cleaning up our act.  For me, there's something about September that signifies a new start, and I think it has something to do with that feeling of starting school each Fall, with a fresh new school year ahead.  I love that feeling!

I will be doing a Fall detox like I usually do.  It's time to stop drinking for a few weeks, get back to the gym, and really watch what I eat.  I did a detox in the Spring, and felt great.

When looking for a detox or cleanse to do, be aware that there is A LOT of garbage out there, unnatural, and full of chemicals, stimulants, and preservatives.  When I was searching for a cleanse, it was really important to me that it was as natural as possible, gluten free, caffeine/stimulant free, and vegan.  I also wanted something fairly easy and low maintenance, like a meal replacement system.  I ended up finding everything I was looking for in Kaeng Raeng, a company in California started by a young woman who was seeking the same kind of healthy system I was.....so she created it herself.  There really isn't another system like it.

With Kaeng Raeng, you have a juice/smoothie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and eat all the fresh, raw fruits and vegetables you want throughout the day.  The cleanse comes in 3 day packs or 6 day packs, and in three levels (Beginner, Veteran, Master).  Each packet is nutritionally complete, containing more than a full serving of fruit and fiber, 15g of lean non-GMO protein, 2 billion live probiotic cultures, essential amino acids, and daily vitamins.  You don't feel at all hungry on this cleanse, as the juices are quite filling, plus you're eating lots of fruits and veggies.  I just wish they didn't use soy protein.

I chose the 6-day Beginner cleanse.  You receive 3 packets for each day, one of each of flavour (Juu Juu - "Into the Blue" - blueberry, blackberry banana; Reunn - "Joyful" - strawberry raspberry pineapple; and Glai Roong - "Daybreak" - mango peach pineapple).  You simply add the contents of one packet to 24-32 oz water, and shake well.  You can also choose to make a smoothy out of it.  I stayed just with water, as I wanted to keep it simple.  I also knew I'd be getting plenty of fruit in my diet already.  As well, ensure that you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day, at least 60 oz, as you'll be taking in a lot of fibre, and fibre needs water.



Everything went really well!  I lost around 5 lbs in 6 days, and I felt pretty light and healthy by the end of it.  In terms of my experiences during the detox, I didn't really feel hungry, but I still craved junk food from time to time.  Overall, I didn't struggle too much.  I just made a decision that I was doing this detox, and I was going to stick with it.  I even endured two work lunches at a breakfast restaurant, and managed not to go bonkers while I ate plain salad or fruit salad, watching everyone eating pancakes, eggs, and bacon.  I was a bit low on energy for the first day or two, but that levelled off.  In terms of detox symptoms, I have a slightly delicate digestive system, and I probably wasn't getting enough fibre prior to taking this product, so on the first day, let's just say my digestive system really "came alive."

The 6-day beginner cleanse is $109.00 (US, I think), plus tax.  But if you check out Kaeng Raeng on Facebook there are always promos like 10% or 15% off.  I got mine for 15% off, and I think it came to just $80.  Way cheaper than a lot of cleanses you'll find out there, and much, much better quality, and WAY healthier for you.  At the time I ordered mine, they didn't have shipping outside of the U.S.  Luckily, a friend of mine was living down there, and was coming home to visit, so I had it shipped to her, and she was kind enough to bring it back to me (thanks, Deanna!!!).  Apparently they will have international shipping starting around October, so I'm really excited for that.  I will definitely be placing an order soon.

If you're hoping to do a detox this Fall, and you're looking for something healthier and natural, I encourage you to check out Kaeng Raeng.  Read some other reviews and decide for yourself.  And let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis