Saturday, 6 August 2011

Just Say No!



Yay, it's Friday!  I'm super excited for the weekend, as always.  Friday always finds me sitting in my office trying not to give in to the weekly basket of bagels in the kitchen.  For some reason, my firm decides to reward the staff with bad food: Pizza lunch on the third Wednesday of every month, bagels every Friday, vending machines full of chips, chocolate bars, cookies, and pop, and 25cent candy machines full of skittles, jube jubes, chocolate covered almonds, and various other pieces of garbage we shouldn't really eat.

Sigh.  And I was never really a bagel person before starting to work here.  At 9:00 a.m. sharp every Friday, the bagels arrive, and the girls all line up to take their pick, slice it, toast it, and slather it in cream cheese.  Wonderful healthy start to the day!  I don't exactly have the greatest self-control, so it's been a real challenge for me not to join those girls.  I have enough weaknesses for sweet and salty snacks to begin with; I don't need a bagel fixation too.

I definitely find I spend a lot of time, thought, and effort on just saying no to the bad foods I want to eat.  Some days or weeks are better than others....likely controlled by those pesky hormones.  I usually do better during the weeknights than weekends, as I find the structure of the work week really helps with my discipline.  I really just want to be healthy through the rest of my life.  I don't want to struggle when I'm older.

Today I actually have no interest in having a bagel.  I'm really not sure why, but I'm just going to go with it, and be happy that for one more week, I'm not going to have a bagel bum :)

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis