Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Product Review: Kiss My Face - Clean for a Day, Creamy Face Cleanser

Hello hello!  Happy Tuesday :)  It's been so nice lately, but now there's rain in the forecast until Friday.  Well anyway, I'm just glad the weather is looking good enough for me to keep biking everywhere for the next couple weeks.  I don't know what I'm going to do when the biking has to end.  I'm not someone who enjoys biking in the cold.  At all.  I've become so accustomed to biking all over town these past few months, and I'll really miss the convenience.  And I won't enjoy being at the mercy of the TTC once again!  Oh well, the seasons just roll on by.

I'll be doing product reviews from time to time, and today I review a favourite of mine.  Kiss My Face - Clean for a Day, Creamy Face Cleanser.  I've been using this product for about 2 years, and it's just fantastic.  It removes all make-up and dirt, and it has a wonderfully silky creamy feel about it.  The best thing is, it smells like you're washing your face with dessert!  Yup, it has a light lemon parfait scent that I can't get enough of.  It leaves your skin super soft and clean.  Also, a little goes a long way.  A 118 ml bottle will last Jeremy and I about 6 months, with daily use.  We're running out now, and I scored a bottle on sale at Whole Foods for $12.99!  Regular price is around $16.99.  You can find this product at many health stores, and some Shoppers Drug Marts are starting to carry this brand.



This product is PH balanced and contains many organic ingredients.  What it does not contain are parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, artificial colours, artificial fragrances, or animal ingredients, and it was not tested on animals.

This product gets a 1 rating on Skin Deep's Cosmetic Database.  The ingredients are:

Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Leaf Extract)*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil)*, Decyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, Cassava (Tapioca Root Starch), Glycerin, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil)*, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil)*, Caprylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine Oil), Lavandula Angustifola (Lavender Flower Extract)*, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger Root Extract)*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Flower Extract)*, Rheum Palmatum (Rhubarb Root Extract)*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Butter)*, Tocopherol, Glycine, Lecithin, Sorbitol, Calcium Ascorbate, Potassum Sorbate 

* organic ingredient

I really recommend this product.  It's reasonably priced, and non-toxic.  It works well, it smells great, and it feels great.  I challenge you to have a look at the ingredients in your face cleanser.  Search for your cleanser on Skin Deep's Cosmetic Database, and if the product scores anything above a 3.....or, even a 2, think about finding a product that is better for you.  Our skin absorbs close to 60% of the topical products it comes into contact with, so give that some thought when you're reading the ingredients in any of those drugstore or department store creams and cleansers.

Thanks for reading!  If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave 'em!  How am I doing so far? 

Have a fabulous day!
~C

Share the love!!!
↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis