Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Fall Reflection

Fall is in full swing.  It's actually my favourite season, along with Spring.  I love the colours of Fall, and that it's more comfortable outside than it was during the heat waves of Summer.  I also love knowing that hibernation time is near: cuddling under blankets with the one I love, and watching a movie, while it looks crisp and beautiful from our windows.  In the Winter, we watch the snow fall and cover our lovely street, which becomes a picture from a Christmas card.

Fall and Winter, I feel, are also times for self-reflection and improvement.  These seasons give you the quiet time at home needed to make changes, or get around to doing things you didn't have time to do all Summer, or take little courses, and try new things around the city.

This Fall and Winter, I'll hopefully get a chance to travel.  I'll be taking a sewing class in January and February.  I hope to finally get around to making my recipe book of the recipes I've collected and loved over the years.  I'd like to do some reorganizing of our house, and paint our bedroom.  I'd like to spend plenty of time with friends.  I'd like to take a little photography course, but that may not happen just yet.  I want to get to my healthiest and fittest ever, finally resolving my hormone imbalance.

Finally, I'd also like to figure out what my true passion is, and figure out a way to have that as my career.  I don't feel all that fulfilled in my career, but the idea of switching careers at this point is kind of daunting.  I've worked my way up to a decent salary over the past 5 years, and it would be very hard to start from the bottom again.  I kind of think my passion involves all this health stuff.  I would love to open a health food store in my area with organic produce - something that is lacking around here, and would do well.  I would love to get really good at baking, and have a bakery for paleo treats.  I would love to be a naturopathic doctor.  Those ideas aren't all that feasible.  A major career change is just not in the cards right now.

So I feel stuck.  And I'm looking forward to Fall and Winter, once things really quiet down, to do some soul searching, and figure out what I really want to be when I grow up.

Do you ever feel this way?  Have you made a daring career switch from something unfulfilling to something that gives you joy?  Please share your story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis