Monday, 30 January 2012

Product Review: OMG Spa Stuff! Sweet Escape Cocoa Luxe Collection

Hello, happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

This is a romantic time of year.  Yes, Valentine's Day is just around the corner, but that's not the main reason I'm feeling lovey dovey.  My 4 year anniversary is on the 1st!  This time of year is just romantic for me; it brings me back to when Jeremy and I just started dating.  It was the dead of winter, 2008, a winter of blizzards, making it a struggle just to get out of the house and see each other.  I fell for him hard and fast.  We flirted like mad for the next couple weeks, and then before we knew it, it was Valentine's Day.  I sent a card to his office by courier.  I got all dressed up, and then Jer knocked on my door and took me out to a cozy little French restaurant for an amazing dinner, and gave me a beautiful red Betsey Johnson watch bangle.  The restaurant was playing orchestral Christmas music, still!  We brought it to their attention, and they switched it to something else, but within 20 minutes, the Christmas music was back on.  It was pretty funny.  Anyway, what wonderful memories!

This time of year, I find myself going for pedicures, going to Body Blitz, and seeking out long and luxurious baths with decadent scents.  I just crave that warmth, romance, and indulgence in the winter months.  I've found some bath/spa products lately that are driving me wild!  I was introduced to Sweet Escape at Christmas, and have been loving it since then.  This Ontario company has an amazing selection of lotions, body butter cremes, bath soaks, and sugar scrubs that smell incredible.  The products are made with decadent all natural and nourishing ingredients with absolutely no parabens, phthalates, SLS, or harmful preservatives.  It's hard to find really good quality and indulgent bath and body products that are natural and clean.  I've finally found what I'm looking for! 

I've been using the Cocoa Luxe collection lately, which consists of a warm cocoa bath soak, dark cocoa sugar scrub, and creamy cocoa body butter creme.  I don't have to wait for someone to give me chocolates!  They all smell absolutely divine.

Warm Cocoa Bath Soak, Dark Cocoa Sugar Scrub,
Creamy Cocoa Body Butter Creme

First I run a hot bath, and pour a generous amount of the Warm Cocoa Bath Soak under the running water.  I step into the tub and let myself slink into the warmth and soft cocoa scent that is filling the air.  I like to bring a glass of red wine with me to enjoy, of course!  The Epsom salt and dead sea salt soothes sore muscles and feet, and the virgin oil de coco-creme softens the skin.

After relaxing for a while, I use the Dark Cocoa Sugar Scrub on my entire body.  Sugar scrubs are beneficial for gentle exfoliation, and because they are natural, there are no harsh side effects.  You can use it safely no matter your skin type.  The exfoliation removes excess oil and skin cells, unclogs pores, and leaves fresh, soft skin behind.  Cocoa in particular has antioxidant properties which prevent the free radicals from causing damage to the skin’s elastin, other protein and collagen, so it's great to use in skin care products.  Chocolate is also a good moisturizer.  This scrub leaves my skin so soft, and smelling good enough to eat!

After all this decadence, I use the Creamy Cocoa Body Butter Creme, which is soft and luxurious, but not oily.  Sweet Escape makes by far the best quality body butter I have ever used, and it lasts for a long time.  I just towel off, and put it all over my entire body, and it absorbs so nicely, leaving my skin baby soft.  I especially love using it on my feet and elbows, as well as my legs.  At this time of year, I find my skin can get so dry, so I use the creme daily.  And since I don't use perfume, this is perfect for me, because I smell so good that Jeremy wants to be close all the time.  It's a treat for him too! :)

I've come to really love this relaxing routine - it really is a sweet escape, because everything smells just like dessert!  By the way, I tasted the sugar scrub, just out of curiosity, because you can see from the ingredients below that they are almost entirely edible.  It tasted kind of good!  Hehehe.

There are many other scents and products I can't wait to try: Coconut Creme Sorbet Sugar Scrub, Key Lime Coconut Shimmer Body Lotion, Tahitian Vanilla Coconut Bath Soak....just to name a few (can you tell I love coconut?).  Orders can be placed online, and delivered to Canadian and U.S. addresses.  I encourage you to check out Sweet Escape if you're craving some indulgence as we settle into the long winter ahead.  I really find it helps so much with the winter blahs just to treat yourself......but you've gotta do it clean!

Speaking of which, check out the amazing ingredients in the Cocoa Luxe Collection - this stuff was made so well:

Warm Cocoa Bath Soak

Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Milk Powder, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Coconut Derived), Cocomidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Derived), Sodium Bicarbonate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder, Cocos Nucifera (Virgin Oil De Coco-Creme), Theobroma Cacoa (Cocoa) Absolute, Althea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Extract, Tricalcium Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol (Preservative)

Dark Cocoa Sugar Scrub

Organic Sucrose (Cane Sugar), Dark Sucrose (Brown Sugar), Caprylic/Capric Trigyceride (Fractioned Coconut Oil), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF (Vegetable Derived), Organic Beeswax, Gyceryl Stearate, Palm Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Organic Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuaba) Wax, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Passiflora Incarnata (Passionfruit) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Absolute, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Bean Nibs, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol (Preservative)

Creamy Cocoa Body Butter Creme

Aqua (Water), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Emulsifying Wax NF (Vegetable Derived), Palm Stearic Acid (Vegetable Derived), Cocos Nuciferas (Coconut) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Glyceryl Monostearate, Cocos Nucifera (Virgin Oil De Coco-Creme), Passiflora Incarnata (Passionfruit) Oil, Camelia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Absolute, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol (Preservative)


Have a great day, and don't forget to treat yourself!

~Christine


Please share this post! :)
↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓  ↓ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis